Saturday, 22 November 2008

An Angle Grinder And A Nail File

Today Dave started on a job he's has planned for the past few weeks. All I can say is that it involves the hatch cover and the back doors...

The procedure has been explained to me step by step on many occasions, and each time the plan appears to have been modified somewhat. This is usually the point at which my ears shut down and "Yes dear" or "No dear" are uttered in all the right places, (I hope).

As you can see, when "one" has cut a slice of steel off a door using an angle grinder, "one" then needs to give it a manicure using a file. And yes this photo is the right way up, I did a double-take on it myself...
 
 
I do now have a better understanding of this particular undertaking because there's a visible difference starting to emerge, even though it’s still a "work in progress".
 
The objective: To make the doors and hatch cover fit better, so as to get rid of the gale force draught.
 
He also want to transform the hatch cover so it slides open. At the moment it's a "lift, then slide" motion, (which isn't very good for the shoulder blades).
 
Something else too, he´s fitting a proper Yale lock on the doors. I mean we have locks already and will still be using them, but they aren't quite as sophisticated.
 
OK folks hatch down, time to watch some TV. Gripping report when the job moves on a pace to follow...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment