Sunday, 12 July 2009

The conservatory in all it´s glory

Now I know I’ve moaned about the back cabin in the past (just once or twice perhaps). But this is what I’m talking about when I’ve mentioned our “luxurious” back cabin letting us down. Or even perhaps letting itself down piece by piece. It’s now deteriorating rapidly.
 
Tut, Tut, only the popper at the bottom left still works…
 
004
 
The top is ripped both sides…

006
 
Doesn’t even fit together anymore…
 
008

AND WE´VE LOOKED AFTER THE DARN THING...
 
This morning we sat and had a discussion of sorts about the problem, we both agreed that something has to be done before it literally falls down around us.
 
So we dug out the number of a company who’d been recommended to us ages ago, Dave rang up, but there was no answer. Could that be because it’s a Sunday perhaps? It’ll have to wait till tomorrow. (Damit)
 
I realise this next bit must sound a bit strange, I mean “poppers” are usually associated with curtains or something. But later on I found out that Dave had been trying to scrounge some spare ones off Steve. He´s got a secret stash somewhere, and we’ve run out...
[Oh dear, in an attempt to speed up the transition process, I deliberately forgot to remind Dave to get some more ages ago]
 
So I calmly requested (in other words begged) Steve to pretend he´d lost them, dropped them in the canal, given them away to a charity shop, anything but donate them to us.
Horrors abound, did this mean Dave had changed his mind and was waiting for the right time to tell me we were going to have to “make do” even longer? (After all, he’s paying).
 
Then it came to light that he’s only going to use the poppers to “pull things together” temporarily, till something gets organised. (Phew). I don’t care anymore, as long as he makes that phone call again tomorrow…
 
~~~
 
Later on this aft we booked flights (online) to Germany for sometime in August so we can spend some time with Liam and his girlfriend. He’s got a month’s leave from the Army, we´ve both wanted to go for a while now, so at least we had some success today!
 
Right, I can’t think straight anymore (nothing new), and we’re going out tonight, so I´d best get a move on…

No comments:

Post a Comment