Wednesday, 25 November 2009

The calm before the storm before the next storm

Did you see the weather forecast for last night? Blimey it made me feel cold just looking at it...
 
For a while it blew a gale here, windy with no rain. I’ve heard people jest about feeling sea-sick on a narrowboat when it’s windy. Well even this big bugger was doing a bit of rockin’ and rollin’ each time a strong gust slammed into the side of us. Then just before 8pm all went calm and still, so were we a fly in the eye of a hurricane all of a sudden?
 
It was really weird, but the serenity didn’t last long of course, the wind got up again. This time it was constant so we weren’t doing the jitterbug anymore. But Dave had gone to work and I suddenly remembered we hadn’t filled the water up for quite a while, and I needed some for a shower...
 
We can’t get out of the front doors at the moment because they’re sealed off with that (luxury) double glazing stuff. So it was a bit daunting walking down the jetty, in the dark, with a dodgy torch that kept going off. It gave out about as much light as a candle while it was on.
 
I mean how stupid can you get, I’d thought about it during the day and promptly forgot, (happens a lot that), but at least there was no rain while I was farting about.
 
So lets just remind ourselves for a moment or two of happy weather, happy times out and about in summer…
 
35
 
And again…
 
32
 
And again…
 
37

And on that note, with great reluctance, I’d better get on with writing me Christmas cards. If I can be bothered :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment