Monday, 9 November 2009

Work In Progress On Lock 7 or not?

Well it’s a gorgeous day and BW has begun its work on Lock 7. So I took myself off round there to see what was (or wasn’t) going on, I gather it was lunchtime.
 
What looks like a building site surrounds the lock…
 
008
 
Heavy lifting gear on the towpath…
 
011
 
Tried to get the whole lock in this photo but couldn’t get close enough. Both front gates are wide open with back gates closed with water pouring through them...
 
015
 
A baby dredger on the left, and just to the right of the lock the overflow is dry, they must have blocked it off at the other end…
 
013
 
The two sets of planks at the marina entrance taken from the towpath side, for the time being the canal water level is quite high…
 
004
 
Right that’s the canal stoppage update done, so here’s some photos of the road stoppage!
 
The narrow bridge with a nasty right turn is just beyond the railway crossing, but I couldn’t get close enough for a photo…
 
051
 
Walking along a bit further than I should’ve…
 
054
 
After I’d taken these I turned round and walked down the towpath the other way, I took 62 photos altogether! So tune in tomorrow for more weird and wonderful stuff. You know, just like normal really...

No comments:

Post a Comment