Thursday, 17 December 2009

Goodbye Work, Hello Freedom!

Haven’t said anything on the blog till YESTERDAY!! Dave’s now officially retired and we’re FREE...!
 
He come home from his last night at work at about 4am this morning, lots of paperwork, official stuff, and friends to say goodbye to. So I didn’t bother waiting up till then for a glass of champers!
 
I left this on the side for him when I went to bed, it’s simple I know, but that’s me…
 
023
 
The “Tee Hee Hee” was what he wrote for me to see when I got up, ah…
 
So after running round this aft doing some of those last minute Christmas prep jobs that are hateful but necessary. We got back to the boat and opened the Champagne, wonderful stuff, we drank a bottle between us, and then went out for a meal at the local yokel pub!

These are the words from a card my mum and dad got for Dave, what a laugh:
 
“Don’t think of it as Retirement, you’re just exchanging one job for another called CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER in charge of…”
 
“LONG LIE INS,, BREAKFAST IN BED,, LEISURELY READING OF THE MORNING PAPERS,, TRAVEL TO EXOTIC HOLIDAY LOCATIONS,, DAY TRIPS TO INTERESTING PLACES,, ASSORTED HOBBIES,, PASTIMES (INCLUDING LUNCHTIME DRINKING AND AFTERNOON NAPPING).”
 
“SAILING TRIPS AND FISHING”
 
(The last sentence was handwritten and tagged on the end because they know him well).
 
However he’d better not be expecting breakfast in bed every day. Although I’ll go with the exotic holidays if any crop up. Oh, and then there’s cruising without any time limits, woo hoo…!

No comments:

Post a Comment