Saturday, 24 April 2010

Two contrasting days or what

Yesterday Dave did two trips to the tip, believe it or not we’ve thrown out three black bags full of crap that doesn’t include the wood yard stuff. (Boat cleansing of a different kind).
 
Then in the afternoon I had an out-patient appointment and they’d lost my notes,, anybody who has to go for regular check up’s and has come across the same situation will know what this entails. We had to wait two hours for (some) of my notes to be faxed through. I only go to that hospital so where the hell were they…? Not only that, if they were being faxed through from a basement somewhere, blimey I would’ve gone down into the depths and got them myself!  (Only once a year appointments for me thank goodness).
 
So when we eventually got back to the boat Diane and Steve had disappeared into the horizon aboard TT2 as planned. I’m no Mrs Mop but I had to clean this boat up while Dave was messing about doing other stuff and finishing off “bits n’ pieces.” Honestly we never stopped, but by then we realised it was just too late to set off, so we decided to untie the ropes tomorrow, Oops I mean today...
 
We set off early (today) and embarked on our first journey up through the locks since last year, headed towards the newly refurbished Lock 7:
 
Get up close and it’s leaking just as bad as before…
 
005
Spot the horses…
 
006
Spot the sheep…
 
010
The new wind turbine I’m going to install on top of the boat, along with the Jacuzzi, the “canal boat” lifeboat, and the fold up micro light. It’s getting busy up there…
 
017
Where we’re moored up now looking left…
 
018
Middle…
 
021
 
Right…
 
026
TT moored up back to back with her best friend TT2…
 
036
Well I must go, the BBQ is nearly ready and we’re just sorting out who’s drinking what, he he. The plan is that we all stay here till Tuesday, so cheers!
 
Wow just how different can 2 days be…?

No comments:

Post a Comment