Friday, 21 May 2010

Farming, Fishing statements, and Fieldwork

I’ve mentioned in a previous post how a tractor chugging by looks like the farmer’s ironing his field – to me that is…
 
Anyway this morning we discovered that they must hoover them regularly as well. Notice how the wife is subtly letting him know he’s missed a bit…
 
002
 
Later on I was studying this array of farming implements, and wondered just how many other household items a farmer might use “out in the field” as it were. So far I’ve identified an ironing board, an iron, a portaloo and a fluorescent orange tyre for use in the dark.
 
I said to Dave “aww that farmer must care a lot about us lot on the canal, he’s got a life belt ready in his field.” Out of politeness and respect (well I think it was) Dave tried to stifle any tittering and failed.
 
This wasn’t all of it either, I’m sure there was a bookcase somewhere…
  
008 
 
Anyway that’s an end to discussing farmer Giles’s bits and parts, except to say he’s out there ironing his field now, crikey he must be knackered…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Change of subject:
 
In the clothing department: What to wear and when not to wear it. This was the dilemma posed yesterday when I started the day in a denim skirt, which then changed to leggings, which then changed to jeans as the weather downturn got worse. Today I was determined to stick to stick with the denim skirt, and it worked, it’s 7.30pm, and there’s no need for leggings yet, hoorah…!
 
A fishy tale: Oh no, not another one, I was sat out back this aft while Dave was sat on the bow (fishing of course). Anyway he shouted politely “Heth come and look at this!” So I went running through the boat thinking he’d caught a giant octopus,, it turned out to be a perch with orange fins. “Yes, it’s very pretty dear now just put it back in and don’t drop it on the newly coated (gleaming) well deck plea...” PLOP, SLAP, down it went. The timing was comedy perfect, then I was informed “it’s ok perch aren’t slimy you know.” Hmm...
 
Note: No perch were harmed in the making of this blog post, it told us it was ok afterwards, it’s a stunt perch and did that for a living. Lets put it this way, it faired a lot better than the fly on my keyboard did earlier...
 
At the moment Dave’s fishing off the back, (in the lux con). Hey, I’m not moving! However, it’s times like this when even on a widebeam one has to perfect the art of ballet and poise, whilst dancing about amongst:
  • Lengths of fishing pole.
  • Chairs.
  • Laptop wires.
  • And a fishing net (that’s capable of dripping on you when deployed).
It’s like running a hurdle race if you need the loo…
 
Time to settle back and enjoy the view with a glass of white wine in hand me thinks…

No comments:

Post a Comment