Sunday, 2 May 2010

Things that make yo go argh and ah

Well my little friends I can’t write much today because I’m on antibiotics the size of suppositories for an infection, and they’ve shut me up shut me down, (well both really). So here’s a couple of special photos taken over the past few days:
 
The oak trees on the island in front of us reflect yellow in the fading sun…
 
001
 
This is what we found right behind the boat a couple of days ago, a cute water hen sat on an intricately woven nest of reeds. If you look carefully you can see how she’s knitted dead reeds together in a little circle…
 
009
 
Those trees again, the oak trees here are always late to go green in spring, and then they stay green for longer than usual, even into December…
 
005
 
And last but not least this is a great crested grebe Dave spotted in the marina, it’s still here somewhere, (caused quite a stir). It dives under the water for ages then pops up somewhere else, fascinating to watch.
 
These photo’s aren’t brilliant but it’s clear enough to see that it’s definitely not a duck…
 
025
 
027 
Well I must go, I’m feeling a bit dizzy – nothing new there then…

No comments:

Post a Comment