Thursday, 1 July 2010

Foibles and Flowers

Amongst the ever increasing list of failing gadgets and gizmos on this boat, (laptops, mobile phones etc). My watch stopped last night at precisely 12pm – weird or what?
 
Of course I didn’t know this till I woke up this morning and thought it was 12 noon. Somehow it didn’t feel like 12 noon and I was aghast that we were both asleep for so long. Hadn’t even got up for a wee in the night which is unheard of.
 
So I put the kettle on and started mooching about, then I heard Dave mumble “Heth, what you doing?” I began to explain how we’d overslept by about 3 hours, in mumble language he told me it wasn’t yet 6am. I thought he was just winding me up, (puny puns rule) but the microwave told me otherwise.
 
After a quick inspection of said watch the second hand wasn’t moving, then the brain cell ordered me to (have a wee) and crawl back into bed NOW. Later on I dug out my spare watch which had also stopped, surprise surprise... I’ve kept looking at my naked wrist all day. It’s made me realise just how often we check to see what time it is, even if there is no important VIP function to attend today…
 
This all begs the question(s): Is TT up to her tricks again? After all, if she can’t turn herself into a floating disaster zone anymore, because with great patience and hard graft lasting MONTHS. We’ve foiled all attempts at mutiny, does this mean she’s now gained the power to control how other objects misbehave aboard? A frightening thought indeed…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And at the other end of the spectrum – here’s a natural chain (of observed) events that doesn’t raise any worrying questions at all:
 
Water iris behind the boat (well all over the place really) just a month ago…
  
019
 
This is how it looks now – all fluffy, still pretty…
 
001
 
Looking down the pier a bit to the right, spot the bull rushes…
 
010
 
There, a nice note to end on for today’s post, well better than it started anyway…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment