Monday, 18 April 2011

Evening Star, Albert Fowler’s steam road roller

We heard a steam roller trundling along yesterday, then all of a sudden silence descended, except for the “toot toot” of a whistle. So we went out to have a look, it had stopped to fill up with water. Tell you what, it attracted quite an audience…!
 
001
 
 003
 
012
 
010

011
 
Turns out it was on it’s way back to Mawdesley after spending the day at a local Steam Engine Rally. I wish I’d had chance to get a photo of the guy riding the Penny Farthing, he could’ve done with a whistle too.
 
Can’t say that I’ve ever been a big fan of engines of any kind, but stood in front of 100 years of history like that was really quite impressive, so:
 
Happy Centenary “Evening Star”
 
I was online this morning trying to find some more research and a bit of history about it. All I found was a couple of photos that weren’t as good as these…!

No comments:

Post a Comment