Thursday, 9 June 2011

Going to Germany for lots of reasons

We spent all afternoon yesterday searching online for decent priced flights to Germany. Would you believe Lufthansa had flights at £285 per person with 2 stops? I mean what’s that all about?
  • Do they hand out lucky bags with the plastic food on gold plates?
  • Do they do a world tour on the way there?
  • Perhaps they have an “onboard raffle” too…
We went with a cheapo airline instead, less than half that price each, we don’t mind “economy class” we’re common as muck anyway… Trouble is their flights over there aren’t every day, (perhaps they haven’t got enough planes to put one on every day or something).
 
So we originally had a week planned, but it meant either a wasted day because it’s an overnight flight, (so in effect we’d end up with just 6 days). Or the alternative was booking 9 days and effectively gaining 2 days – guess which one we went for…
 
Why Germany? Well it’s so we can go visit our soldier son and his family, which also includes seeing our grandson Ryan for the first time. For real rather than on Skype, or photos and videos. Oh wow, I, (sorry we), can’t wait to hold him in our arms, and that goes for his dad, our very modest British soldier too. We’ve only seen him once since he got back from Aghan…
 
The other thing is we’ve timed it so that it’s my birthday while we’re there, erm my 50th birthday that is, agghhh…! OMG have I really been on this earth for 50 years? Well almost, bear in mind though I’ve still got a couple of months left in my 40’s so no tittering please.
 
Thing is all my friends have got there before me, and they haven’t half taken some stick for that, so I’m going to get it all back x 100. It’s ok, I’m prepared for reparation, well I think so…
 
Liam and Maddy his lovely German wife driving the boat in 2008…
 
L&M visit 2008 (19)
 
Ryan posing for the camera…
 
117

Tears are welling up – a few weeks till we get there, and counting…

No comments:

Post a Comment