Saturday, 2 July 2011

Photos on the way here part two

Don’t worry I’m not going to post all 300 of them, I’d be sat here till next month, not a bad idea at all that considering where I am sat…
 
The view I can see right now from the lux con when I look up from this flipping keyboard…
 
029
 
And behind me…
 
020
 
Now where was I up to? Ah yes back to yesterday…
 
There’s millions of yellow water lilies round here at the mo…
 
123
 
Deceptive this, no it’s not a dead end…
 
018
 
How’s that for a set of roots then? They’d look much better with a few highlights…
 
130
 
These 2 cheeky swans accompanied us for a while till they ran out of diesel…
 
133
 
The best photo I could get of what looked like a kite – not the plastic sort of course…
 
154
 
Stalactites under a bridge – yuk…
 
156
 
Hello…!
 
053
 
Doing a turn, it’s eezy, just bury your nose in the field and bring yer back end round. This is the unofficial windy hole that nobody everybody now knows about, aha, but where is it…?
 
056
 
057
 
Wind blowing the crops like waves…
 
061

Going round the bend (?) backwards for half a mile…
 
094
 
Going…
 
096
 
Gone…
 
097
 
Ok, I’ll be perfectly honest, Dave doesn’t half give the bowthruster some hammer doing this, and yes he commits the cardinal sin of using it to steer the boat. Which sorta makes sense anyway when you’re driving backwards. So there’s a good excuse reason after all…
 
For the technically minded the bowthruster batteries get charged from the same alternator as the starter motor. Which in effect means they’ve got a constant supply of power and don’t give up at all. [Thanks Tom for setting it up the best way] We don’t do things by halves round here tha knows… 
 
And finally, does anyone know what this is? It looks like a mile marker that’s lost it’s way…
 
101
 
Right, I must bid ye farewell, the BBQ is being lit, and there’s a bottle of red wine with my name on it somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment