Saturday, 9 July 2011

Three expert fishermen sat in a row

Three expert fishermen sat in a row. Where the “expert” bit comes from I do knot not know.
 
They each decide what they’re fishing for. There’s “I’m catching a carp tonight” and “Yeh me too” and “I’ll take whatever’s attached to me hook,” (Dave). They all know very well technique is different to luck. 
Discussing, tic-tacs tactics such as which hooks, float thingy’s and bait, is highly potent important and helps with the wait.
But all I see is them pratting about, and overall, well, catching nowt.
And sometimes I hear the odd cackle, as one of them carefully adjusts his tackle. (Ooo missus).
 
Motto: Share and share alike one’s equipment, whilst awaiting one’s next catchment…
[PROUDLY WRITTEN BY ME………………]
 
Dave’s philosophy: “If I keep putting bait on my hook, I keep catching fish, which spoils my P+Q…” This turn of phrase only came about because certain persons round here reckon he just sits there pretending to fish. And then there’s “Heather I think Dave’s fallen asleep out here, best go and wake him up before he falls in…”
 
Which in a strange sort of way indicates sympathy and support, so he’s got no need to feel embarrassed about not catching anything. Or the fact that he resembles a garden gnome sat at the end of the jetty… To be fair though he does catch some, but not very often. Never mind, I’m certain he’ll pull a shark out one day and prove certain persons wrong…
 
Mark the Spark casting off or is that taking off (?) from the front of his boat…
 
003
 
Mark B fishing off the end of our jetty, he likes it there because it’s a lot wider than his own further down the pier. So there’s plenty of room for him and Dave to sit and "chew the fat."
 
Dave disappeared out of this photo because it started raining, and god forbid, his luxury fishing chair was getting wet. Soon hauled that one in…
 
002
 
Aha, the wanderer returns, meanwhile Mark B got fed up, and disappeared round to the pub…
 
004
 
And Dave caught a rainbow…
 
001
 
How they don’t get all their lines tangled in one big massive knot beats me – perhaps they are experts after all…
 
AND, now you know why we have to re-christen all the Mark’s round here, say the name alone and the reply “what?” turns into a chorus that echoes. Which can be very confusing indeed to us simpletons…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment