Friday, 29 July 2011

Up close and a bit too personal

We set off yesterday when the rain finally stopped. I’ve never been on the boat when Dave’s done a 180 degree turn in a field in the unofficial windy hole before, so I thought it might be fun to take a few unofficial photos from the bow…
 
Headed towards it…
026
 
029
 
032
 
OMG, reeds as tall as me while I was stood on the bow…!

033
 
Did you not hear me doing the “WOW” thing…?
 
036
 
No bow thruster required, good job too it’d get mangled good style…

038
 
042
 
180 done…

044
 
049
 
Behind us, picture postcard perfect…
 
057
 
Till you notice the lock itself is leaking in 7 different places - through the lock gates and the stone work both sides. The bridge is in good nick but that´s not the point…

065
 
I got off the boat to do the “waterfall lock,” so I took this from the bridge while Dave drove towards it in reverse…
 
072
 
And into it…

075
 
Thought he’d got stuck here after the lock, sorta came to a standstill for a while there…
 
082

Touchdown…
 
101

No comments:

Post a Comment