Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Have I got news for you!

You know all that waiting and “being patient” (Ha), that I’ve been moaning about? We found out yesterday that all systems are GO! The shroud of secrecy has faded away.

It was circumstances that dictated timing, (don’t ask) those circumstances have now changed completely. Later on we ended up with an impromptu afternoon champagne party for six of us on the back of the boat! It was a celebration that our plans are finally going to happen – even if they don’t work out right, (?) Remember it’s Heth and Dave we’re on about here. But even so, what a difference a day makes…!

We went round Mercia Marina on Sunday looking for a mooring, we found one and the marina is gorgeous. We met up with the crew of Widebeam Jenique and stayed for a couple of hours just chatting.

Afterwards we went back to the office, said which mooring we’d like, but alas, because of the “dictated timing” thing, we couldn’t put down a deposit and came away feeling deflated…

Even so, I couldn’t curb my enthusiasm so I wrote a blog post about it. Then I had to take it down because it felt like I’d got carried away, getting ahead of myself. Just before I deleted that post I got a message from Barry and Sue, letting me know they’re at Mercia over winter…!  So things are moving fast, they have to before we get iced in, says she with lack of optimism…

Today we paid the deposit on the mooring at Mercia – no going back now…! We´re down to earth with a bump now, had to hit the ground running. There’s so much to do in such a short space of time and practicalities rule the waves. We can’t leave the move till after the first week in December, because we could well be iced in.

Dave’s also in the process of arranging cranes and a lorry. Then there’s all the boring stuff like doctors, dentists and all that kind of thing – no they aren’t going on the lorry…

When we found out all this was possible and we could go ahead with everything, Dave got the phone call that changed our lives. But he was out at the time, so when he got back here he kept a straight face and told me the score. Don’t know how he did that, but I do know we ended up with arms round each other jumping up and down whilst crying with relief, yes really…

After the champagne party we all went down the pub. Our friends have also arranged to take us bowling tomorrow, a meal afterwards, and back to the pub for a drinky poos (again).

Then another one of our friends is having a birthday meal / party on Saturday night and we´re going to that too. Hang on a minute, did I mention getting down to practicalities earlier…? Well fun comes first, and we’ll miss them all sooooo much, it’s also really heart-warming that they’re so happy for us. We’ve had a great time at this marina. But when it’s time to move on, and if it feels right, then go for it…
By the way, I couldn’t get any photos of Mercia because the camera on my smartphone stopped working! I mean that was one of the reasons I’d bought the dam thing. Anyway the good news is someone reset it for me when we got back here and saved all my files at the same time – must learn how to do that before we go. So it’s now working again, till I drop it in the canal – or throw it in…

The waiting isn’t over till it’s over, but it might be now…?  

No comments:

Post a Comment