Sunday, 20 November 2011

It´s all coming together now, well we can but hope

With ref to the “To Do” list I blogged about the other day. Bill couldn’t make it to service the boiler, but it’s a good job really because we’d never have got everything done otherwise…

I’ve found myself beginning to lose track of what day it is, and the fact that my watch has broke doesn’t help. Especially when I used the alarm clock as a ticker and it lied to me. There I was thinking I had an extra 40 minutes to get ready for the birthday meal last night – turned out to be more like 10…

This is the bit where you’re supposed to get a vision of me stood amidst last nights selection of clothing. Each item deliberately conspired to get me all tangled up in knots and it worked. Somehow I even managed to put my dress on back to front, the air was blue…
 
“More haste less speed” as me mother would say.
 
After all the hard work and running round earlier, we somehow made it to the church pub on time and the meal was lovely. Another great night, another great hangover today…

I also had a rather strange dream whilst in the land of nod last night. Turned out the bottom of the boat had to be dried out before it could go on the lorry, so they placed it in a nearby field first. That’s as far as it went (literally) because I woke up… If anyone out there is good at interpreting dreams, please let me know what that means, (it rhymes). Alternatively just call me weird – I do…

The only thing holding us back at the moment is organising cranes, obviously there’s a crane required at this end to put TT in a field for an hour or two, then onto the lorry. There’s also another crane required at Mercia to dangle, drop, plop, plonk, place her gently in the water…

Warning to oneself: One or more of the words in the sentence above could come back to haunt me, and may have to be repeated sometime in the near future…

So we’ve got several crane companies in a bidding war at the moment (one of which we’re still waiting for a quote from). Perhaps a wheel’s dropped off their bestest boat crane or something…
 
Then there’s another company suddenly appeared amidst the confusion and given it all a good stir by pricing up the cheaper option. Which involves putting TT in at a boatyard somewhere near Mercia, then driving it round to the marina for us! How weird is that? Must all be part of the service for insurance purposes otherwise known as cover your own ass purposes…

All I want is a date for the big day, then I can inform the palace when to wheel out her majesty and the corgi’s for the big farewell. Also, the local brass band needs booking in advance – that’s so they get plenty of notice re; dusting off their trumpets and polishing their boots…

No comments:

Post a Comment