Wednesday, 11 November 2009

A supernaturai encounter of the first kind


I haven’t had chance to post these photos yet! During my trek down the towpath on Monday I took a few of where the grounds of Rufford Old Hall back onto the canal. Including some of the remains of the “missing bridge” we crashed into a couple of years ago...  
 
Blimey is it really two years ago? Seems like yesterday, I guess you always remember the first time you bash your boat don’t you? Within seconds the whole experience is instantly hard-wired into the memory cell. Then there's the onlookers... Once the horrors of potential damage fade, it's then replaced by a feeling of total embarrassment...! 
 
It was such a relief (when it happened to us) that there were nothing but a few laughing ducks around. Phew! Then we looked ahead towards the next swing bridge and uh oh, about 20 people appeared from nowhere to watch the free sideshow, {cringe}
 
They were all very polite and concerned as we trundled on past. But it was no consolation because as we nodded our heads, gave them a smile and passed it off as nothing. But in reality it was a case of “Oh sh*t!”
 
All of the above happened behind Rufford Old Hall, which is supposed to be haunted by three different ghosts. Load of old cobblers” eh? Well I think perhaps I’ve been converted. Let me set the scene:
 
This is the back of Rufford Old Hall, taken from the towpath, looks a bit creepy from here doesn’t it...?
 
029
 
Part of the grounds, all barren and bare at this time of year…
 
020 
025
 
Spot the bridge, this is the place where a ghost guy bearing some kind of grudge is supposed to hover…
 
033
 
And this big chunk of stone is what’s left of it…
 
034
 
This gives some idea of the size jutting into the canal…
 
037
 
And this corner here is what we slammed into with all the force of a guided missile…
 
044
 
For some reason I walked a bit further, took some photos from the other side and thought nothing of it. Then later on back at the boat when I checked them out on my laptop I discovered this apparition on THREE photos...
 
Can you see the creepy skeleton like face? It's got to be none other than the resident ghost with a grudge...
 
039
 
YIKES, he’s still there when I’ve moved about a bit…
 
040
 
He's getting closer too, but I didn't know at the time…!
 
042
 
The weird thing is it wasn't visible through the camera lens, and I haven't messed with these photos AT ALL.
 
My reaction when I first noticed it on my laptop was total disbelief, Dave too, till a modicum of rationality eventually kicked in. We both agreed it must be something to do with trick(s) of the light or something. Still not convinced...
 
We'll never be able to sail past there again without feeling like we're being watched, but I don't think "it" means any harm. In hindsight I remember suddenly feeling really cold when I took this last photo, so I started to walk back.
 
Hmm, must remember to call my publicity agent in the morning…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment